TRS-80 Stuff...

  • Al Hartman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2010
      Wish I could get to the party...

      I'm looking for a Model III or IV if there's anyone near Keansburg NJ who
      has one to give away, or possibly trade for some Color Computer or a Celeron
      500mhz system.

      I have a large library of Model I, Model III and Coco software. If there's
      something that someone is looking for, PM me. The best thing is to make an
      afternoon to come over and help me setup my LNW-80, bring your own disks,
      and we can make copies for you of what you need.

      I have most every operating system that was made.

      I'd like to get this stuff out there so it is preserved in some way. I have
      a PC with 256k and two 360k drives that I should setup with an emulator to
      make images of the disks as well. Though, I'm not sure how I'd get the
      images off the machine onto something newer...

      I guess maybe Laplink would work?

      I really need to get to one of the hardware workshop meetings as I have a
      non working 1541 drive I'd like to get working. I have the rights to many of
      Zebra System's software products and need a working C-64 to check that the
      discs I have are still good.

      I used to duplicate software for Spectrum Projects, so I have masters of
      everything they sold.

      I really miss those days...

      Al
      Keansburg, NJ

      P.S.: Search for "Zebra on TV" on YouTube for two videos I posted from the
      Zebra Systems days.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2010
        Hey Al !

        How are you doing ? Long time no hear !

        You should see if any Tandy hobbyists out there on the internet have made a SD card reader for their machine. The C64 has one and I think Atari computers have something similar. Or some sort of cable to go from PC to Tandy like the XE/1541.  If I have three working 1541 drives then I will trade you a working one for the non-working one I gave you. I thought you said you could figure out how to fix ?  I guess you couldn't figure it out ?

        Jeff Brace
      • Mage
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2010
          My plan was to take the drive to one of the workshop meetings. I just haven't gotten to one yet.

          I also have an A500 I want to fix.

          Let me see if I can fix this one up before you make a trip to swap it. I'd rather there were one more working 1541 in the world.

          Al