RE: [midatlanticretro] Lecture this morning

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hopefully you are able to give more than a 3 minute tour and get some genuinely interested students. May I ask how they are finding out about MARCH/InfoAge ?

      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      From: evan@...
      Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 00:08:08 -0500
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Lecture this morning

      There's more coming soon: this Friday morning, InfoAge is being visited by 60 kids from Neptune H.S. -- they're taking a (very quick) tour of all the museums, followed by some breakout sessions.  I'll be there.

      That's great ! It's good to get the younger generation interested. Sounds like fun !
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
        Someone on the InfoAge board of trustees set this up.  I think he reached out to the school system.

        I'm told we will have six-kid groups of 10 minutes each.  So I'll probably just pick two or three artifacts.  The idea here is to get the kids to come back on their own time, not show them the whole museum.  We all agreed at the InfoAge meeting tonight that 10 minutes is way too short, but we were told the school has some kind of time limit.

        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        From: evan@...
        Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 00:08:08 -0500

      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
          Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

          >There's more coming soon: this Friday morning, InfoAge is being visited
          >by 60 kids from Neptune H.S. -- they're taking a (very quick) tour of
          >all the museums, followed by some breakout sessions. I'll be there.

          That's great that the Neptune school district is making use of a local
          resource. I took a stack of the InfoAge glossy material with me after
          the Haunted Hike and I've passed it about here in the Jackson schools;
          Jackson is close enough to take advantage of a field trip to InfoAge.