MARCH Dec. 11 party thoughts and preparations

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
      I will be unable to get to the party before 7pm. So just wanted to give a heads up.

      Food:
      I have:
      Frozen hamburger patties (40)
      Hamburger buns (48)
      Pickles
      Ketchup
      Mustard
      Small Portable Grill
      Charcoal
      Lighter
      Spatula

      Note: I believe we can use Steve's grill if mine is too small. I will leave the food in a place that Evan can access so that everyone can start cooking when they are hungry. I believe that JeffThree Jonas was bringing plates and forks. I'm not sure what everyone else is bringing for drinks, but I will be bringing my own just in case. Who else is bringing something ?

      Commodore SIG:

      Bill Degnan: Bringing tools, diagnostic cartridges.
      Bill Dromgoole: Bringing tools, soldering equipment, Diagnose 64
      Iam Primus: Bringing knowledge
      Jeff Brace: Brining broken C64 and 1541 ;)
      Matt Mikolay: Watching and learning
      Bryan Pope: ? Perhaps can fix the MARCH Commodore Pet ?

      Note: I think the best thing to do is try to fix at least one C64 and 1541 that is owned by MARCH and diagnose the rest for repair later. If myself and Matt are able to learn enough to finish the repairs later, then that would be great. I can get the broken c64 and 1541 ready when I am at MARCH this Sunday and tell Evan where they are. Is there anything else that I can bring ? What software diagnostic tools should be brought ? I thought someone could bring a video camera to narrate how the repairs are done for future reference. Any other thoughts or suggestions ?

      Entertainment :
      Are we going to try to get a movie system setup ?
      What about chip tunes ?

      Note: I have some Instant Remedy remixes of C64 game tunes that I can bring.

    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
        I'm planning on bringing the usual array of video game systems and televisions if people want me to. Everyone always seems to enjoy them.

        Any requests?

        -Ian
      • JeffreyB
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010

          > I'm planning on bringing the usual array of video game systems and televisions if people want me to. Everyone always seems to enjoy them.
          >
          > Any requests?
          >
          > -Ian

          Yes, Sega Genesis games: Comix Zone !

          Are Golden Axe II and III any good ?
        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
            I'll be bringing C64 games.

            Bill Degnan

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010
              I can do that as well. I have an Easy Flash ROM Cartridge which has a lot of games on it.

              To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
              From: billdeg@...
              Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 21:47:19 -0500
              Subject: re: [midatlanticretro] Re: MARCH Dec. 11 party thoughts and preparations

              I'll be bringing C64 games.

              Bill Degnan

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010

                > I'll be bringing C64 games.

                > Bill Degnan

                I will bring Epyx 500XJ joysticks (3), which is my favorite joystick ! Very well made, and durable.

                One of the two drives of mine that I left works, not sure which as my sister mixed them up, but you guys can figure out.
              • Bill Loguidice
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 5, 2010

                  The micro-switch-based 500XJ’s are my favorite Atari-standard joysticks, by far. Their responsiveness is unparalleled for the time. I still prefer them, though I do occasionally break out the Atari CX-40’s, which of course have a much stiffer feel and are not particularly comfortable for long play sessions.

                  Bill Loguidice, Managing Director

                  Armchair Arcade, Inc.

                  http://www.armchairarcade.com

                  Authored Books: http://www.armchairarcade.com/books