Re: [midatlanticretro] OpenVMS

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
      Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

      > There's currently a discussion on the CCtalk list about which languages
      >VMS/OpenVMS was written in. Brian S., you should know, right?

      Mike,

      You prompted me to locate the CCtalk list. I found a web archive of the
      thread you were referring to but nothing there that you may have posted.

      OMG. So many posts so misguided and misinformed; at least, that was my
      impression from reading the prior two months of threads WRT OpenVMS and
      VAX. The "Happy Birthday" thread Christian started was an eye opener of
      misinformation. You can trust in anything Antonio may say but discount
      anything Johnny has to gripe on. I recognized several other names there
      that I have encountered over the years. Tim Shoppa, for example. Tim's
      a good guy. I saw his name on many posts, mostly PDP related. I've been
      to Tim's home to rescue kit. I saw one of his postings too about Charlie
      Matco, pseudonym of the late Terry Shannon -- great guy and sorely missed
      friend.