Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF lecturers

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
      Joel Shusterman, one of the founders and President of Franklin Computer
      had offered to step in as a speaker when I asked a couple years ago. He
      was hoping to be on a panel where some of the early pioneers could discuss
      what the personal computer industry was like in the 70s and 80s. Before
      starting Franklin, Joel had a very popular computer store in Cherry Hill
      during the 70s.

      An old article involving him:

      http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/franklin/making.pdf

      Joel was also VP of Marketing for Commodore for a while.

      Just another option.

      Bob
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
        Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

        > There's currently a discussion on the CCtalk list about which languages
        >VMS/OpenVMS was written in. Brian S., you should know, right?

        Mike,

        You prompted me to locate the CCtalk list. I found a web archive of the
        thread you were referring to but nothing there that you may have posted.

        OMG. So many posts so misguided and misinformed; at least, that was my
        impression from reading the prior two months of threads WRT OpenVMS and
        VAX. The "Happy Birthday" thread Christian started was an eye opener of
        misinformation. You can trust in anything Antonio may say but discount
        anything Johnny has to gripe on. I recognized several other names there
        that I have encountered over the years. Tim Shoppa, for example. Tim's
        a good guy. I saw his name on many posts, mostly PDP related. I've been
        to Tim's home to rescue kit. I saw one of his postings too about Charlie
        Matco, pseudonym of the late Terry Shannon -- great guy and sorely missed
        friend.