march calendar

    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
      system@... wrote:
      "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

      Hi folks,

      Is there a date set?   If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

      I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.

      http://midatlanticretro.com/ - I keep the calendar up to date if you're ever looking for a list of known events and dates.  If something is missing, let me know.
      Bill
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
        Joel Shusterman, one of the founders and President of Franklin Computer
        had offered to step in as a speaker when I asked a couple years ago. He
        was hoping to be on a panel where some of the early pioneers could discuss
        what the personal computer industry was like in the 70s and 80s. Before
        starting Franklin, Joel had a very popular computer store in Cherry Hill
        during the 70s.

        An old article involving him:

        http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/franklin/making.pdf

        Joel was also VP of Marketing for Commodore for a while.

        Just another option.

        Bob
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
          Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

          > There's currently a discussion on the CCtalk list about which languages
          >VMS/OpenVMS was written in. Brian S., you should know, right?

          Mike,

          You prompted me to locate the CCtalk list. I found a web archive of the
          thread you were referring to but nothing there that you may have posted.

          OMG. So many posts so misguided and misinformed; at least, that was my
          impression from reading the prior two months of threads WRT OpenVMS and
          VAX. The "Happy Birthday" thread Christian started was an eye opener of
          misinformation. You can trust in anything Antonio may say but discount
          anything Johnny has to gripe on. I recognized several other names there
          that I have encountered over the years. Tim Shoppa, for example. Tim's
          a good guy. I saw his name on many posts, mostly PDP related. I've been
          to Tim's home to rescue kit. I saw one of his postings too about Charlie
          Matco, pseudonym of the late Terry Shannon -- great guy and sorely missed
          friend.