Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCF lecturers

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
      "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

      >Hi folks,
      >
      >Is there a date set? If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

      I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
        system@... wrote:
        "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

        Hi folks,

        Is there a date set?   If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

        I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.

        http://midatlanticretro.com/ - I keep the calendar up to date if you're ever looking for a list of known events and dates.  If something is missing, let me know.
        Bill
      • Bob Applegate
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
          Joel Shusterman, one of the founders and President of Franklin Computer
          had offered to step in as a speaker when I asked a couple years ago. He
          was hoping to be on a panel where some of the early pioneers could discuss
          what the personal computer industry was like in the 70s and 80s. Before
          starting Franklin, Joel had a very popular computer store in Cherry Hill
          during the 70s.

          An old article involving him:

          http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/franklin/making.pdf

          Joel was also VP of Marketing for Commodore for a while.

          Just another option.

          Bob
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
            Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

            > There's currently a discussion on the CCtalk list about which languages
            >VMS/OpenVMS was written in. Brian S., you should know, right?

            Mike,

            You prompted me to locate the CCtalk list. I found a web archive of the
            thread you were referring to but nothing there that you may have posted.

            OMG. So many posts so misguided and misinformed; at least, that was my
            impression from reading the prior two months of threads WRT OpenVMS and
            VAX. The "Happy Birthday" thread Christian started was an eye opener of
            misinformation. You can trust in anything Antonio may say but discount
            anything Johnny has to gripe on. I recognized several other names there
            that I have encountered over the years. Tim Shoppa, for example. Tim's
            a good guy. I saw his name on many posts, mostly PDP related. I've been
            to Tim's home to rescue kit. I saw one of his postings too about Charlie
            Matco, pseudonym of the late Terry Shannon -- great guy and sorely missed
            friend.