Re: VCF lecturers

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
      Hi folks,

      Is there a date set? If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping to come down and you all would allow me to show my Apple2 and Apple1 replica PCBs along with some early original A2 stuff. I can also do a talk. I have learned a lot over the last several years and I have three possible themes that I could take on.

      1) The evolution of the technology of the Apple 1 to the Apple II
      2) The Apple 1, fact and fiction and things we will probably never know
      3) Challenges of building a replica PCB

      Regards,
      Mike Willegal

    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
        "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

        >Hi folks,
        >
        >Is there a date set? If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

        I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
          system@... wrote:
          "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

          Hi folks,

          Is there a date set?   If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

          I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.

          http://midatlanticretro.com/ - I keep the calendar up to date if you're ever looking for a list of known events and dates.  If something is missing, let me know.
          Bill
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
            Joel Shusterman, one of the founders and President of Franklin Computer
            had offered to step in as a speaker when I asked a couple years ago. He
            was hoping to be on a panel where some of the early pioneers could discuss
            what the personal computer industry was like in the 70s and 80s. Before
            starting Franklin, Joel had a very popular computer store in Cherry Hill
            during the 70s.

            An old article involving him:

            http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/franklin/making.pdf

            Joel was also VP of Marketing for Commodore for a while.

            Just another option.

            Bob
          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
              Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

              > There's currently a discussion on the CCtalk list about which languages
              >VMS/OpenVMS was written in. Brian S., you should know, right?

              Mike,

              You prompted me to locate the CCtalk list. I found a web archive of the
              thread you were referring to but nothing there that you may have posted.

              OMG. So many posts so misguided and misinformed; at least, that was my
              impression from reading the prior two months of threads WRT OpenVMS and
              VAX. The "Happy Birthday" thread Christian started was an eye opener of
              misinformation. You can trust in anything Antonio may say but discount
              anything Johnny has to gripe on. I recognized several other names there
              that I have encountered over the years. Tim Shoppa, for example. Tim's
              a good guy. I saw his name on many posts, mostly PDP related. I've been
              to Tim's home to rescue kit. I saw one of his postings too about Charlie
              Matco, pseudonym of the late Terry Shannon -- great guy and sorely missed
              friend.