RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF lecturers

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 30, 2010
      From: billdeg@...

      Like they were doing it in the early 70's.

      Everyone is making good points here.  This is a show for the purposes of entertainment.  I say get whomever will draw the most people and have the most interesting talk.

      A vintage computer film festival would be fun too.  A big screen opportunity for people who can't bring their computers to show them.

      Bill

      =========================

      my thoughts exactly bill !
      JeffThree B

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
        Hi folks,

        Is there a date set? If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping to come down and you all would allow me to show my Apple2 and Apple1 replica PCBs along with some early original A2 stuff. I can also do a talk. I have learned a lot over the last several years and I have three possible themes that I could take on.

        1) The evolution of the technology of the Apple 1 to the Apple II
        2) The Apple 1, fact and fiction and things we will probably never know
        3) Challenges of building a replica PCB

        Regards,
        Mike Willegal

      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
          "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

          >Hi folks,
          >
          >Is there a date set? If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

          I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
            system@... wrote:
            "Mike" <mike@...> writes:

            Hi folks,

            Is there a date set?   If it is still planned for the spring, I was hoping =

            I have May 14th and 15th inked on my calendar.

            http://midatlanticretro.com/ - I keep the calendar up to date if you're ever looking for a list of known events and dates.  If something is missing, let me know.
            Bill
          • Bob Applegate
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
              Joel Shusterman, one of the founders and President of Franklin Computer
              had offered to step in as a speaker when I asked a couple years ago. He
              was hoping to be on a panel where some of the early pioneers could discuss
              what the personal computer industry was like in the 70s and 80s. Before
              starting Franklin, Joel had a very popular computer store in Cherry Hill
              during the 70s.

              An old article involving him:

              http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/franklin/making.pdf

              Joel was also VP of Marketing for Commodore for a while.

              Just another option.

              Bob
            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 1, 2010
                Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

                > There's currently a discussion on the CCtalk list about which languages
                >VMS/OpenVMS was written in. Brian S., you should know, right?

                Mike,

                You prompted me to locate the CCtalk list. I found a web archive of the
                thread you were referring to but nothing there that you may have posted.

                OMG. So many posts so misguided and misinformed; at least, that was my
                impression from reading the prior two months of threads WRT OpenVMS and
                VAX. The "Happy Birthday" thread Christian started was an eye opener of
                misinformation. You can trust in anything Antonio may say but discount
                anything Johnny has to gripe on. I recognized several other names there
                that I have encountered over the years. Tim Shoppa, for example. Tim's
                a good guy. I saw his name on many posts, mostly PDP related. I've been
                to Tim's home to rescue kit. I saw one of his postings too about Charlie
                Matco, pseudonym of the late Terry Shannon -- great guy and sorely missed
                friend.