RE: [midatlanticretro] What will you exhibit at VCF East 3.0 ?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 59 , Dec 5, 2005
      Oh, let's not get on THAT topic again.  We don't want our list to become cctalk.  ;)

      Some people started using "15-year-rule" a while ago to ensure that Windows 95 and the WWW do not become on-topic.  Can't say I blame them...

      Other people (including me) prefer ditching the age-based criteria entirely and switching to a semantic definition.  My version: "architecturally obsolete."  So things that are very old but have the same basic architecture as modern versions (for example: early x86) do not qualify.  Conversely, things that are relatively young but are architecturally obsolete do qualify (for example: Newton.)

      Message 59 of 59 , Dec 9, 2005
        I agree that I hardly ever agree with anyone's opinion on this subject.

        Sorry I can't make it this weekend.

        Bill D.