Fwd: HP computer rescue?

  • Jason T
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2010
      Forwarded from the main list for those not on it/up to date. Surely a
      worthy score for some Easterner:

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2010
        On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Jason T wrote:

        > Forwarded from the main list for those not on it/up to date. Surely a
        > worthy score for some Easterner:

        I could really use most of this, especially the 7906 drive and
        controller, but he's located about as far away in Maine as you can get and
        Mapquest says it's 865 miles from my place. Do we have anyone in northern
        NE who would be willing to do a relay? I could see driving to Boston, or
        thereabouts.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...

        From Terry:

        "Yes. The system is still available. It is a Hewlett Packard 9845B desk
        top computer with a HP 13037B Disc Controller, HP 7906 Disc Drive, HP
        2631A Printer, 9 each notebooks with 3 or more cassettes for the operating
        system in each book, more than a dozen owner/operating manuals, an extra
        print cartridge, paper for printer, extra cassettes, bags for packaging
        drive discs and a box of electronic components, (computer chips?). I'm in
        Van Buren, right across the river from New Brunswick."