OT: Star Trek Computer for the home

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2010
    • Richard Cini
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 26, 2010
        Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Star Trek Computer for the home OMG, this is just so awesome! From the original article it looks like the software is somewhat custom to the hardware used. I wonder if you could get something similar with a customized Linux desktop skin.

        Now Pascal (the designer) needs to add voice recognition to it :-)

        On 11/26/10 9:43 AM, "Christian Liendo" <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

        You all know you WANT this

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOvDFxn76g

        Rich

        --
        Rich Cini
        Collector of Classic Computers

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 26, 2010
            Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Star Trek Computer for the home True. I just wondered if you could get one of those Advantech embedded PC computers with the touch screen, used, on eBay, and install a version of Linux or something on it. Just like some of the posters on Gizmodo wondered out loud, even if the software is “custom” it would be good to look at it.

            On 11/26/10 11:42 AM, "Jim Scheef" <scheefj@...> wrote:

               The key is the touchscreen monitor.

             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOvDFxn76g
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 27, 2010
              Wow! That is really neat, I think I want one now! Thanks for sharing it!

              Sent from my iPod Touch
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 27, 2010
                > Wow! That is really neat, I think I want one now! Thanks for sharing it!

                Who are you?
              • Chris
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 28, 2010

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 28, 2010
                    Chris wrote:
                    > I am chris, I joined this group when I joined over at the vintage computer forums, I got a PM there saying that I should check this group out. I have Been on here a while, I just never posted (thought I did post my introduction on here for ever ago) I don't post much on any online forums\discussion groups I join. If I am not supposed to be here I can quit.
                    > Sent from my iPod Touch

                    Chris,
                    Nope...all good... post whenever you have something on topic, you're
                    welcome here.
                    Bill
                  • evan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 28, 2010
                      >>> I am chris, I joined this group when I joined over at the vintage computer forums, I got a PM there saying that I should check this group out. I have Been on here a while, I just never posted (thought I did post my introduction on here for ever ago)

                      Cool. I don't recall your intro post and I was unable to find it when I searched last night. But that's okay.

                      >>> If I was referred to this group in error please accept my apologies!

                      Nah, you're fine. But keep in mind that we're geographically focused on the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast. I don't know where you are located; just our location focus in mind when we talk about our museum, our club events, etc.

                      >>> Also, can you edit messages after you post them?

                      No.

                      >>> My last one sounded rude so I deleted it and posted this one but can you edit posts or just delete them?

                      We addressed that by deleting your previous post before it went live on our list. We were only able to do that because all members' initial posts are moderated, until the person proves to be a non-troll, etc. .... in your case I will change change your status to unmoderated (the normal status here) right after I send this reply.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 3, 2010
                        Chris,

                        Welcome to the group.

                        Jim