RE: [midatlanticretro] a question

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
      Lots of stuff is happening behind-the-scenes.

      -- We'll reach out to everyone who ever exhibited at a VCF East (and VCF Midwest) in the past.
      -- InfoAge is starting to work with a PR professional who can get us some local media attention.
      -- We'll contact all the major computer clubs throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
      -- Sellam has his own mailing list, and there's classiccmp of course, and there's my newsletter, all three of which have worldwide readership.
      -- The other InfoAge member groups will alert there respective memberships.

      Other ideas are extremely welcome.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
        understood. But Im wondering would it be a bad idea to
        send flyers around to universities or whatnot. You
        never know what some reclusive professor has in his
        closet.
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        <ploopster@...> wrote:
        > Chris M wrote:
        > > whats being done to attract other exhibitors? I
        think
        > > some advertising needs to be done. Participation
        is
        > > not limited to those from the MARCH district, is
        it?

        > There are quite a few non-MARCH people who watch the
        classiccmp list and
        > vintage.org.
        >
        > Peace... Sridhar

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
          Replying to my own reply: a sure sign of insanity.

          Anyway... if anyone wants to HELP us with all this marketing, that would be awesome!  I would love to appoint one person as the MARCH marketing director, or more specifically as the VCF East Marketing Committee Chairman (so you could boss yourself around).

          Does anyone on our list having professional marketing experience and the interest in doing this job?

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
            Good idea.

            <ploopster@...> wrote:

            Chris M wrote:
            > > whats being done to attract other exhibitors?
            think
            > > some advertising needs to be done.
            Participation
            is
            > > not limited to those from the MARCH district,
            is
            it?

            > There are quite a few non-MARCH people who watch
            the
            classiccmp list and
            > vintage.org.
            >
            > Peace...
            Sridhar

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            dsl.yahoo.com

          • Evan
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
              Egads, another self-reply.

              I forgot to mention that we'll have a table (but not a full exhibit like last year) at the Trenton show.

              That is obviously a hugely important audience for us.