Re: Dec Data Systems & ...? available for rescue

  • m
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 8, 2010
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> wrote:
      > Looks like thick yellow ethernet cable on top of the cabinet in the first
      > picture.

      I'm assuming that those cables are just unused electrical wires which is what they look like to me. These things, as I understand it are in the garage or other storage of someone's home. I assume it's just miscellaneous junk piled on-top of the racks/equipment, and not necessarily related stuff. It's like a photo where someone is giving away the table, and not necessarily the stuff on the table, or in the background, in the image.

      Anyways, the question still remains... does anybody here want this stuff? Or do you know another individual or organization not on this list who might, and would actually arrange to have it picked up and/or transported from PA?

      (Or, should we [gasp] just repurpose it/scrap it?) [don't throw me off the list!! hehe. .] She's already written a number of organizations, which while they were excited/interested, it seemed as if they were too far to want to bother.

      thanks
      --
      MS
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 9, 2010
        David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

        >Didn't know that was possible.

        Yeap!

        >Pictures
        >
        >http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/misc/2009-7-17-10114.jpg
        >http://www.pdp8online.com/ftp/misc/2009-7-17-10115.jpg

        Thanks.
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 9, 2010
          "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> writes:

          >Looks like thick yellow ethernet cable on top of the cabinet in the first
          >picture.

          If it is it's short and or cut. I don't see any black bands for vampire
          tapping.
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 9, 2010
            > Anyways, the question still remains... does anybody here want this stuff?
            > Or do you know another individual or organization not on this list who
            > might, and would actually arrange to have it picked up and/or transported
            >from PA?

            If MARCH is interested in it I can use the Suburban to haul it to Infoage.
            Since you will be getting a bunch of TU56's I would like to get the
            TU56 for my collection and possibly the rack its in. MARCH would get the
            controller for your TU56's and the mystery rack of stuff.

            I probably will need one volunteer to help with loading and unloading the
            mystery rack since it may be heavy.

            Any chance to have someone check whats behind the blue panel and get the
            model number off the items in the rack so we know what it is?
          • Bill Dromgoole
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 9, 2010
              I can help load and unload depending on the date you want to get it.
              I can bring a pickup truck.

              Bill D

              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 9, 2010
                > MARCH would get the ... mystery rack of stuff.

                Just what we need! :)