No one found this funny? Re: [midatlanticretro] Commodore 64 on Craigslist

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
        Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

        >No one found this funny?
        >
        >http://8bitaficionado.com/2010/11/02/commodore-64-err-hmm-ugh-amusing-craigslist-ad/

        It may have been if the photo had been capable of being enlarged to see the
        details written on the device. My one college buddy (I was his best man at
        his wedding) had a Commodor but it's been eons since I saw it and the photo
        looked reasonably like what I'd remembered.

        I've seen ads offer one thing (ebay is notorious) and put up photos of some-
        thing completely different. I find it annoying more than I'd find it funny.
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
          So you missed that this is a Tandy Coco. That's why it's so funny. Wrong
          computer.

          Bill Degnan

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
            "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

            >So you missed that this is a Tandy Coco. That's why it's so funny. Wrong
            >computer.

            ...but it's still not funny.

            If it would have be a photo of a toaster or a waffle iron, that would have
            been funny. :)
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2, 2010
              Yeah I found it funny ! But I had already seen the ad two weeks ago and asked the guy for a better picture. Where I confirmed it was a Radio Shack  64k Color Computer. I guess the guy saw 64k and thought Commodore 64. Some people have no clue what they are selling. Must be selling it for some other guy or just plain clueless that the label doesn't say Commodore anywhere !