RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Holiday party

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
      > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
      > Sound off!
      > Andy

      I have to extend my regrests, as well. Why does this event always
      fall on the same day as TubaChristmas? :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010

        > I'm cash poor, so anyone looking for anything in particular?
        >
        > I might be convinced to sell a complete Sony SMC-70 setup.
        > I've also got a Sun Ultra-1 workstation *with* 20" monitor for sale.

        hmmm...

        > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
        > Sound off!

        I will be there.

        Bill Degnan
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010

          > I would also like to organize who will be bringing what for the party in
          terms of food. Why because I keep bringing things that someone (some times
          many people) already bought and brought. Who needs 1000 napkins ?

          I don't know, the way some of you people eat..... :-)

          > And I would like to have some sort of mini fix it session for fixing one
          Commodore 64 and one 1541 drive. Someone said why fix it ? Just buy another
          one; there are so many available and so cheap. So now I have a dozen of
          each and maybe one working of each. I would like to learn how to fix them
          for myself as well as fixing the ones that MARCH has for future selling.
          One time we did an ad-hoc one the next afternoon, but we weren't fully
          prepared and couldn't fix the 1541. Anyone onboard ?

          I am!

          I will bring my C64 repair gear, and some parts. I am not by any stretch a
          certified CBM repairman, but I can try.

          Bill
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
            I will be there, not sure what time yet. I have to run a holiday party for a bunch of Taekwondo kids, so I'm hoping it won't be scheduled for that day. I'm still waiting for the November/December schedule to be finalized.

            I would like to bring hamburgers, charcoal and a grill (if we can't find one from Infoage like last time).

            I would also like to organize who will be bringing what for the party in terms of food. Why because I keep bringing things that someone (some times many people) already bought and brought. Who needs 1000 napkins ?

            And I would like to have some sort of mini fix it session for fixing one Commodore 64 and one 1541 drive. Someone said why fix it ? Just buy another one; there are so many available and so cheap.  So now I have a dozen of each and maybe one working of each. I would like to learn how to fix them for myself as well as fixing the ones that MARCH has for future selling. One time we did an ad-hoc one the next afternoon, but we weren't fully prepared and couldn't fix the 1541. Anyone onboard ?

            Jeff B

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
              > > This year's MARCH holiday party, a.k.a. "Vintage Computer Festivus", will happen December 11 at Infoage.
              >
              > Also: last year people seemed to enjoy having swap tables --
              > which doubles as an easy way to make your ten bucks back!

              I'm cash poor, so anyone looking for anything in particular?

              I might be convinced to sell a complete Sony SMC-70 setup.
              I've also got a Sun Ultra-1 workstation *with* 20" monitor for sale.

              More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
              Sound off!

              Andy

              WIfe and I are planning on making it, if at all humanly possible. What can we bring? She supports my hobby, can you beleive it? LOL

              Greg & Sharon

            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010

                >I will bring my C64 repair gear, and some parts. I am not by any stretch a
                >certified CBM repairman, but I can try.

                Great Bill !

                I have a diagnostic harness that will diagnosis much (but not all) problems. This cartridge won't work with problems where the video needs to work. I wish I could find that L.E.D. Diagnose 64, which doesn't require the video to work.

                I also have some extra PLA chips that can be used. Not sure if I should try order some other common chips that go bad. Perhaps diagnose first then replace chips later ?

                Jeff B

              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
                  Bill Degnan

                  > >I will bring my C64 repair gear, and some parts. I am not by any
                  stretch a

                  > >certified CBM repairman, but I can try.
                  > Great Bill !
                  > I have a diagnostic harness that will diagnosis much (but not all)
                  problems. This cartridge won't work with problems where the video needs to
                  work. I wish I could find that L.E.D. Diagnose 64, which doesn't require
                  the video to work.

                  > I also have some extra PLA chips that can be used. Not sure if I should
                  try order some other common chips that go bad. Perhaps diagnose first then
                  replace chips later ?

                  > Jeff B

                  \Bring common stuff like 7805 voltage regulators. If you look the board
                  over you can see what caps you might need. I will bring some of that
                  stuff, plus we have parts units on site.
                  bd
                • Bryan Pope
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 30, 2010
                    On 10/29/2010 1:12 PM, ysgdhio wrote:
                    > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz<evan@...> wrote:
                    >>> This year's MARCH holiday party, a.k.a. "Vintage Computer Festivus", will happen December 11 at Infoage.
                    >> Also: last year people seemed to enjoy having swap tables --
                    >> which doubles as an easy way to make your ten bucks back!
                    > I'm cash poor, so anyone looking for anything in particular?
                    >
                    > I might be convinced to sell a complete Sony SMC-70 setup.
                    > I've also got a Sun Ultra-1 workstation *with* 20" monitor for sale.
                    >
                    > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
                    > Sound off!
                    I plan on attending this soiree!

                    Cheers,

                    Bryan
                  • mattmik
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 30, 2010
                      I may or may not be able to attend. I might be in the city on December 11th. :/