RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Holiday party

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
      > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
      > Sound off!
      > Andy
      Unfortunately, I cannot make it. Once again, I have 3 holiday parties to go to and they're all on the same day. I guess there really is only one weekend in December.

      The company party is a must go. Gourmet dinner, entertainment, prizes, etc.

      Kelly
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
        > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
        > Sound off!
        > Andy

        I have to extend my regrests, as well. Why does this event always
        fall on the same day as TubaChristmas? :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010

          > I'm cash poor, so anyone looking for anything in particular?
          >
          > I might be convinced to sell a complete Sony SMC-70 setup.
          > I've also got a Sun Ultra-1 workstation *with* 20" monitor for sale.

          hmmm...

          > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
          > Sound off!

          I will be there.

          Bill Degnan
        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010

            > I would also like to organize who will be bringing what for the party in
            terms of food. Why because I keep bringing things that someone (some times
            many people) already bought and brought. Who needs 1000 napkins ?

            I don't know, the way some of you people eat..... :-)

            > And I would like to have some sort of mini fix it session for fixing one
            Commodore 64 and one 1541 drive. Someone said why fix it ? Just buy another
            one; there are so many available and so cheap. So now I have a dozen of
            each and maybe one working of each. I would like to learn how to fix them
            for myself as well as fixing the ones that MARCH has for future selling.
            One time we did an ad-hoc one the next afternoon, but we weren't fully
            prepared and couldn't fix the 1541. Anyone onboard ?

            I am!

            I will bring my C64 repair gear, and some parts. I am not by any stretch a
            certified CBM repairman, but I can try.

            Bill
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
              I will be there, not sure what time yet. I have to run a holiday party for a bunch of Taekwondo kids, so I'm hoping it won't be scheduled for that day. I'm still waiting for the November/December schedule to be finalized.

              I would like to bring hamburgers, charcoal and a grill (if we can't find one from Infoage like last time).

              I would also like to organize who will be bringing what for the party in terms of food. Why because I keep bringing things that someone (some times many people) already bought and brought. Who needs 1000 napkins ?

              And I would like to have some sort of mini fix it session for fixing one Commodore 64 and one 1541 drive. Someone said why fix it ? Just buy another one; there are so many available and so cheap.  So now I have a dozen of each and maybe one working of each. I would like to learn how to fix them for myself as well as fixing the ones that MARCH has for future selling. One time we did an ad-hoc one the next afternoon, but we weren't fully prepared and couldn't fix the 1541. Anyone onboard ?

              Jeff B

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
                > > This year's MARCH holiday party, a.k.a. "Vintage Computer Festivus", will happen December 11 at Infoage.
                >
                > Also: last year people seemed to enjoy having swap tables --
                > which doubles as an easy way to make your ten bucks back!

                I'm cash poor, so anyone looking for anything in particular?

                I might be convinced to sell a complete Sony SMC-70 setup.
                I've also got a Sun Ultra-1 workstation *with* 20" monitor for sale.

                More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
                Sound off!

                Andy

                WIfe and I are planning on making it, if at all humanly possible. What can we bring? She supports my hobby, can you beleive it? LOL

                Greg & Sharon

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010

                  >I will bring my C64 repair gear, and some parts. I am not by any stretch a
                  >certified CBM repairman, but I can try.

                  Great Bill !

                  I have a diagnostic harness that will diagnosis much (but not all) problems. This cartridge won't work with problems where the video needs to work. I wish I could find that L.E.D. Diagnose 64, which doesn't require the video to work.

                  I also have some extra PLA chips that can be used. Not sure if I should try order some other common chips that go bad. Perhaps diagnose first then replace chips later ?

                  Jeff B

                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 29, 2010
                    Bill Degnan

                    > >I will bring my C64 repair gear, and some parts. I am not by any
                    stretch a

                    > >certified CBM repairman, but I can try.
                    > Great Bill !
                    > I have a diagnostic harness that will diagnosis much (but not all)
                    problems. This cartridge won't work with problems where the video needs to
                    work. I wish I could find that L.E.D. Diagnose 64, which doesn't require
                    the video to work.

                    > I also have some extra PLA chips that can be used. Not sure if I should
                    try order some other common chips that go bad. Perhaps diagnose first then
                    replace chips later ?

                    > Jeff B

                    \Bring common stuff like 7805 voltage regulators. If you look the board
                    over you can see what caps you might need. I will bring some of that
                    stuff, plus we have parts units on site.
                    bd
                  • Bryan Pope
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 30, 2010
                      On 10/29/2010 1:12 PM, ysgdhio wrote:
                      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Evan Koblentz<evan@...> wrote:
                      >>> This year's MARCH holiday party, a.k.a. "Vintage Computer Festivus", will happen December 11 at Infoage.
                      >> Also: last year people seemed to enjoy having swap tables --
                      >> which doubles as an easy way to make your ten bucks back!
                      > I'm cash poor, so anyone looking for anything in particular?
                      >
                      > I might be convinced to sell a complete Sony SMC-70 setup.
                      > I've also got a Sun Ultra-1 workstation *with* 20" monitor for sale.
                      >
                      > More importantly, who's coming to the holiday party?
                      > Sound off!
                      I plan on attending this soiree!

                      Cheers,

                      Bryan
                    • mattmik
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 30, 2010
                        I may or may not be able to attend. I might be in the city on December 11th. :/