ebay - I think we have a IBM 5150 16-64K cheap

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180576913754

      don't let the keyboard fool you. I *think* this is a model A version
      5150 with a new keyboard.

      bd
    • Justin Jernigan

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
          What throws most people off is the keyboard.

          Check my web site's 5150 "A" models, note how this seller has little boxes cut out of the graphics where the model info sticker and S/N stickers should be.

          http://vintagecomputer.net/ibm/5150/5150_A/sn0239462/IBM-5150_sn0239462_rear-view.JPG

          This may be a "later" 16-64K model because the fan grating is not painted black.

          If this is an "A" model, even if it's not functional the parts are worth more than $75 (~shipping + $49).  Or do you think this is wishful thinking, it's not an "A"

          bd

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
              I'll buy the PC/XT Model M off the winner, if someone here gets it.

              --Jonathan

              On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:20:07 -0400
              B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              > The more I look, the more I am convinced this is a model "A" 5150. The
              > cards inside are stock IBM cards, the ones that came with the original
              > system. It'll need some work, probably will not work, but it's a great
              > deal at $49 + $28.90 shipping. Most 5150's sell for more than $100, and
              > they're usually the later "B" version.
              >
              > Someone take the plunge!
              >
              > bd
              >

              > Justin Jernigan wrote:
              > > <!-- /* start of attachment style */ .ygrp-photo-title{ clear: both;
              > > font-size: smaller; height: 15px; overflow: hidden; text-align:
              > > center; width: 75px; } div.ygrp-photo{ background-position: center;
              > > background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: white; border: 1px
              > > solid black; height: 62px; width: 62px; } div.photo-title a,
              > > div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title
              > > a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table div.attach-row {
              > > clear: both; } div.attach-table div.attach-row div { float: left; /*
              > > margin: 2px;*/ } p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow:
              > > hidden; } div.ygrp-file { width: 30px; valign: middle; }
              > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a { text-decoration: none; }
              > > div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span { font-weight: normal; }
              > > div.ygrp-file-title { font-weight: bold; } /* end of attachment style
              > > */ -->
              > >
              > > I have this on my watch list but I was (am) undecided about bidding.
              > > I thought it would have jumped up already.
              > >
              > > Sent from my iPhone
              > >
              > > On Oct 26, 2010, at 9:42 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...
              > > <mailto:billdeg@...>> wrote:
              > >
              > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180576913754
              > >> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180576913754>
              > >>
              > >> don't let the keyboard fool you. I *think* this is a model A version
              > >> 5150 with a new keyboard.
              > >>
              > >> bd

            • Justin Jernigan

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 26, 2010
                  Justin Jernigan wrote:
                  I think the cards are wrong for an "A", but I am going to put a bid in on it.

                  Good luck.  The cards are the expansion unit card and the monochrome "parallel" card.  Exactly in the same place as mine
                  http://vintagecomputer.net/ibm/5150/5150_A/sn0239462/IBM-5150_sn0239462_rear-view.JPG