Comp Sci Education Week

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
      Recently I "discovered" the Computer Science Teachers Association. In
      December they're having a national Computer Science Education Week. I
      contacted their national headquarters today to see how MARCH can help.
      Spoke with a nice person who's going to introduce me to the NJ chapter
      directors. This could be a great opportunity for MARCH and for our
      ideal visitors. If it works out, then next year we can expand such
      outreach beyond New Jersey.

      They also have a Facebook page; just search on Facebook for Computer
      Science Education Week. This is a page that anyone interested in
      computer history should certainly "like"...!
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
        On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
        Recently I "discovered" the Computer Science Teachers Association.  In
        December they're having a national Computer Science Education Week.  I
        contacted their national headquarters today to see how MARCH can help.
        Spoke with a nice person who's going to introduce me to the NJ chapter
        directors.  This could be a great opportunity for MARCH and for our
        ideal visitors.  If it works out, then next year we can expand such
        outreach beyond New Jersey.

        They also have a Facebook page; just search on Facebook for Computer
        Science Education Week.  This is a page that anyone interested in
        computer history should certainly "like"...!

        you mean this one ?
        http://www.csedweek.org/
        I've been following that too, we have an event for this at our hackerspace that week. I was going to bring some vintage machines running different languages to people try programming the ol' stuff.

        This one is another nice website, every now and then they focus on vintage computers too.]also on FB]
        http://www.harris-educational.com/

        =Dan