Re: [midatlanticretro] Moral Dilema. RE: Mark 8

  • David Larsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2010
      Hi Christain : Really glad you found the Mark 8 site with all the discussion from Jon Titus.  I have a hard copy of it and it is good to keep this out for folks to see.  I worked with Jon about 12 years or so and he was really a very good designer perceptive about circuits.  He received his PhD in my department (Chemistry) at Virginia Tech about 1975 or so.  He did his whole career in the electronics field and I think he still does some consulting. He deserves all the credit for being one of the first to build his own microcomputer and share it with anyone interested.  Those that would like to see a video about one of Jon's original Mark 8's I made last year can see it here

      http://tinyurl.com/36cnxzb

      Regards. Dave

      On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

      OK..
      So all this talk about the Mark 8 had me doing some research and there is an old dead link on Wikipedia. http://www.his.com/~jlewczyk/adavie/mark8b.html

      So I look it up on Archive.org and it's here.

      http://web.archive.org/web/20070501034423/http://www.his.com/~jlewczyk/adavie/mark8b.html

      It's a really great site.. But no one will ever see it because you have to go to archive to find it.

      Would it be wrong to download it and put it on my site as long as I give credit to the people who originally wrote it?

      I am finding more and more sites that no one cares about anymore. In the same way as we rescue a machine, can we rescue a wesbite?

      Another case is reputable.com. They have a great SGI Indy website and they are going to sell the domain name. I have Brian talking with the owner to save the site and re-host on his machine. In this case we are talking to the owner, I cannot find the owner of the 1st website. There is another name in the website doug@... and that site it working. I may e-mail him

      --
      David Larsen
      LCF Group, Floyd Virginia