RE: [midatlanticretro] (now OT) Cant post to classiccmp

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      All of the spam blocking technologies stink in one way or another. I absolutly hate the way M$ does it. They will tell you that someone has reported you, and show you the message, but they won't tell you who it was. We email hundreds of thousands of pieces a month and we'll get one feedback report from homail.com or live.com. Suddenly, all email to any MS controlled domains, even MS hosted solutions, is blocked. Check out the "postmaster tools" and the records are always "none reported" for your host or ip address. At that point, I know what message caused the spam report, but no way of telling who. All message identifying strings are redacted. Worthless.

      I'll not send any more to the list on this, but if anyone wants to share war stories, feel free to email me at home.