Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Panasonic Toughbook CF-45 monitor

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
      > thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
      > teacher person has created so much stress over it is
      > beyond me.

      him:
      Used computers? There are no used computers.
      and a new one costs at least 500 dollars and will
      only run XP and that wont work.

      by the way, for a quick look, locate a local
      'Computer Rennaisance' store.

      John A.
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
        but it only remains for the teacher or friend or
        whoever to get a parts machine (if hes that devoted to
        the blooming thing) and put in the new screen. Its not
        that hard. I have broken down Thinkpads of similar
        vintage to their basic molecular structure,
        reassembled them, and was frequently amazed when they
        still worked. Besides the keyboards, the screen is
        probably the easiest thing to replace.
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        <starbase89@...> wrote:
        > Chris M wrote:
        >
        > >thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
        > >teacher person has created so much stress over it
        is
        > >beyond me.
        > >

        > Because it is borrowed from a close friend. It isn't
        his

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com