Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Panasonic Toughbook CF-45 monitor

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
      Chris M wrote:

      >thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
      >teacher person has created so much stress over it is
      >beyond me.

      Because it is borrowed from a close friend. It isn't his
    • John Allain
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
        > thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
        > teacher person has created so much stress over it is
        > beyond me.

        him:
        Used computers? There are no used computers.
        and a new one costs at least 500 dollars and will
        only run XP and that wont work.

        by the way, for a quick look, locate a local
        'Computer Rennaisance' store.

        John A.
      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
          but it only remains for the teacher or friend or
          whoever to get a parts machine (if hes that devoted to
          the blooming thing) and put in the new screen. Its not
          that hard. I have broken down Thinkpads of similar
          vintage to their basic molecular structure,
          reassembled them, and was frequently amazed when they
          still worked. Besides the keyboards, the screen is
          probably the easiest thing to replace.
          --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          <starbase89@...> wrote:
          > Chris M wrote:
          >
          > >thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
          > >teacher person has created so much stress over it
          is
          > >beyond me.
          > >

          > Because it is borrowed from a close friend. It isn't
          his

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com