Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Panasonic Toughbook CF-45 monitor

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
      John Allain wrote:
      Windows 95 should run nicely on a Pentium 60 - 200 Mhz
      with 16 - 64 MB of memory and 100 - 400 MB of disk.
      Such a machine in a laptop should be about $50 complete.

      Look for other factors important to this computer, like what
      needs to be used with it, like PCMCIA cards, too.

      John A.

      Just need a laptop w/ at least a 200MHz processor, 32 MB RAM, 500MB HDD, a CD Drive, and 1 9 pin serial port. Should be cheap. Just didn't really want to but one. I posted on my local Freecycle for a laptop with those specs.

    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
        Chris M wrote:

        >thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
        >teacher person has created so much stress over it is
        >beyond me.

        Because it is borrowed from a close friend. It isn't his
      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
          > thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
          > teacher person has created so much stress over it is
          > beyond me.

          him:
          Used computers? There are no used computers.
          and a new one costs at least 500 dollars and will
          only run XP and that wont work.

          by the way, for a quick look, locate a local
          'Computer Rennaisance' store.

          John A.
        • Chris M
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 3, 2005
            but it only remains for the teacher or friend or
            whoever to get a parts machine (if hes that devoted to
            the blooming thing) and put in the new screen. Its not
            that hard. I have broken down Thinkpads of similar
            vintage to their basic molecular structure,
            reassembled them, and was frequently amazed when they
            still worked. Besides the keyboards, the screen is
            probably the easiest thing to replace.
            --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            <starbase89@...> wrote:
            > Chris M wrote:
            >
            > >thats correct John, about 50 clams. And why this
            > >teacher person has created so much stress over it
            is
            > >beyond me.
            > >

            > Because it is borrowed from a close friend. It isn't
            his

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            dsl.yahoo.com