Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Possible big find

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 7, 2010
      Sorry, no. It's 95 pages and they're sending dead trees, not electrons.

      Hoping it arrives today! They sent is priority mail on Tuesday afternoon from Philly.

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
        Geez, if they can scan 95 pages, they could just as easily scan it to a
        PDF. Of course that would reduce the value of their original...

        Jim

        On 10/7/2010 7:56 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Sorry, no. It's 95 pages and they're sending dead trees, not electrons.
        >
        > Hoping it arrives today! They sent is priority mail on Tuesday afternoon
        > from Philly.

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
          Looks like someone spamed classiccmp using yahoo mail and now posts from Yahoo are being blocked. They use spamcop and I cannot even see what caused the blockage in the 1st place.

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
            They didn't scan 95 pages, they photocopied 95 pages. Big difference
            in time needed.

            On 10/08/2010 09:54 AM, Jim Scheef wrote:
            > Geez, if they can scan 95 pages, they could just as easily scan it to a
            > PDF. Of course that would reduce the value of their original...
            >
            > Jim
            >
            > On 10/7/2010 7:56 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>
            >> Sorry, no. It's 95 pages and they're sending dead trees, not electrons.
            >>
            >> Hoping it arrives today! They sent is priority mail on Tuesday afternoon
            >> from Philly.

          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > They didn't scan 95 pages, they photocopied 95 pages. Big difference
              > in time needed.

              Depending on the scanner, not necessarily. Lots of big copy machines
              can scan now.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • Gene Buckle
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
                On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

                > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                >> They didn't scan 95 pages, they photocopied 95 pages. Big difference
                >> in time needed.
                >
                > Depending on the scanner, not necessarily. Lots of big copy machines
                > can scan now.

                The one I have at work does. It'll do an issue of Profiles in 45 seconds
                in 300dpi and color. :)

                g.

                --
                Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 9, 2010
                  You might be mistaken, I heard of some new authentication protocol for Yahoo which incorporates a mechanism to verify all it's subscribers by requiring them, prior to clicking on the send button, to engage in the practice of yodeling their infamous logo and measuring the tonal quality of the resonance created at their location thru the mic.

                  ~haah
                  =Dan
                  YYYyyyyaaaaAAAAahhhhhhhooooOOOOoooo

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                    This is the second time now

                    Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

                    <cctalk@...>:
                    Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 Spam blocked see: http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.138.91.37 [MAIL_FROM]

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                      Did you follow the link? It shows that the IP address of your mail server has been listed as a source of SPAM 4 times in the past 43.6 days. Basically, that says that yahoo has been flagged as a spammer. Go figure.
                      98.138.91.37 nm18-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

                      You should report this to yahoo mail admin (yeah, good luck with that).

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                        On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Christian Liendo wrote:

                        > This is the second time now
                        >
                        > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
                        >
                        > <cctalk@...>: Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 Spam blocked see:
                        > http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.138.91.37 [MAIL_FROM]

                        It tells you why right there - the ip address has been reported to
                        spamcop as a spam source. The site referenced explains all about it.

                        g.

                        --
                        Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

                      • Christian Liendo
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                          I am aware of why this is blocked. Problem is that they do it by IP and not by the address. Do you know how many users probably use the same address?? This is what we call collateral damage.

                          I am also aware of the issues with SpamCop. Spamcop does have false positives. I worked for 12 years as the network admin for a ISP and now work as one for the New York Times Website... I have dealt with spamcop in the past. Not good memories..

                          But I guess something is better than nothing.
                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                            Chris,

                            Trying to get that unraveled might be more headache than it's worth. But has anyone with a Yahoo acct posted on their recently ?

                            I suggest to logon to your Classicmp acct and setup another email addr.  I did that when I switched to Gmail - without a hitch - but that was only because I discontinued comcast. It wouldn't hurt

                            =Dan