Re: Possible big find

  • Jack Rubin
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 7, 2010
      Nice - looking forward to reading it - will you be able to post a copy?

      Jack
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 7, 2010
        Sorry, no. It's 95 pages and they're sending dead trees, not electrons.

        Hoping it arrives today! They sent is priority mail on Tuesday afternoon from Philly.

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
          Geez, if they can scan 95 pages, they could just as easily scan it to a
          PDF. Of course that would reduce the value of their original...

          Jim

          On 10/7/2010 7:56 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > Sorry, no. It's 95 pages and they're sending dead trees, not electrons.
          >
          > Hoping it arrives today! They sent is priority mail on Tuesday afternoon
          > from Philly.

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
            Looks like someone spamed classiccmp using yahoo mail and now posts from Yahoo are being blocked. They use spamcop and I cannot even see what caused the blockage in the 1st place.

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
              They didn't scan 95 pages, they photocopied 95 pages. Big difference
              in time needed.

              On 10/08/2010 09:54 AM, Jim Scheef wrote:
              > Geez, if they can scan 95 pages, they could just as easily scan it to a
              > PDF. Of course that would reduce the value of their original...
              >
              > Jim
              >
              > On 10/7/2010 7:56 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >>
              >> Sorry, no. It's 95 pages and they're sending dead trees, not electrons.
              >>
              >> Hoping it arrives today! They sent is priority mail on Tuesday afternoon
              >> from Philly.

            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > They didn't scan 95 pages, they photocopied 95 pages. Big difference
                > in time needed.

                Depending on the scanner, not necessarily. Lots of big copy machines
                can scan now.

                Peace... Sridhar
              • Gene Buckle
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 8, 2010
                  On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

                  > Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  >> They didn't scan 95 pages, they photocopied 95 pages. Big difference
                  >> in time needed.
                  >
                  > Depending on the scanner, not necessarily. Lots of big copy machines
                  > can scan now.

                  The one I have at work does. It'll do an issue of Profiles in 45 seconds
                  in 300dpi and color. :)

                  g.

                  --
                  Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 9, 2010
                    You might be mistaken, I heard of some new authentication protocol for Yahoo which incorporates a mechanism to verify all it's subscribers by requiring them, prior to clicking on the send button, to engage in the practice of yodeling their infamous logo and measuring the tonal quality of the resonance created at their location thru the mic.

                    ~haah
                    =Dan
                    YYYyyyyaaaaAAAAahhhhhhhooooOOOOoooo

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                      This is the second time now

                      Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

                      <cctalk@...>:
                      Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 Spam blocked see: http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.138.91.37 [MAIL_FROM]

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                        Did you follow the link? It shows that the IP address of your mail server has been listed as a source of SPAM 4 times in the past 43.6 days. Basically, that says that yahoo has been flagged as a spammer. Go figure.
                        98.138.91.37 nm18-vm0.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

                        You should report this to yahoo mail admin (yeah, good luck with that).

                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                          On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Christian Liendo wrote:

                          > This is the second time now
                          >
                          > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
                          >
                          > <cctalk@...>: Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 Spam blocked see:
                          > http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?98.138.91.37 [MAIL_FROM]

                          It tells you why right there - the ip address has been reported to
                          spamcop as a spam source. The site referenced explains all about it.

                          g.

                          --
                          Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

                        • Christian Liendo
                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                            I am aware of why this is blocked. Problem is that they do it by IP and not by the address. Do you know how many users probably use the same address?? This is what we call collateral damage.

                            I am also aware of the issues with SpamCop. Spamcop does have false positives. I worked for 12 years as the network admin for a ISP and now work as one for the New York Times Website... I have dealt with spamcop in the past. Not good memories..

                            But I guess something is better than nothing.
                          • Dan Roganti
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 13, 2010
                              Chris,

                              Trying to get that unraveled might be more headache than it's worth. But has anyone with a Yahoo acct posted on their recently ?

                              I suggest to logon to your Classicmp acct and setup another email addr.  I did that when I switched to Gmail - without a hitch - but that was only because I discontinued comcast. It wouldn't hurt

                              =Dan