Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Games WAS: Risk Tournament

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
      >>> What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

      Infoage has (almost) respectable wifi these days. Emphasis on "almost" but we'll rig up something -- don't forget how well it worked for the first hour of Chuck Peddle's lecture!

      No need to worry about it now.

      Ps - I'm skipping the infoage meeting tonight, but I'll report back to ya'll soon about possible weekends for our holiday party.
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
        Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

        >What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the
        >VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

        100m from where? BTW, 100m is pushing the envelope with interstitial
        packet delay times on the best CAT cabling. Fiber might be the better
        choice depending upon where the terminus points are located.