Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Games WAS: Risk Tournament

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010

      On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM, <system@...> wrote:
      Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

      >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
      > ;)

      Ethernet? or Internet?

      What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

      =Dan

      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
        >>> What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

        Infoage has (almost) respectable wifi these days. Emphasis on "almost" but we'll rig up something -- don't forget how well it worked for the first hour of Chuck Peddle's lecture!

        No need to worry about it now.

        Ps - I'm skipping the infoage meeting tonight, but I'll report back to ya'll soon about possible weekends for our holiday party.
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
          Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

          >What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the
          >VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

          100m from where? BTW, 100m is pushing the envelope with interstitial
          packet delay times on the best CAT cabling. Fiber might be the better
          choice depending upon where the terminus points are located.