Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Games WAS: Risk Tournament

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
      Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

      >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
      > ;)

      Ethernet? or Internet?
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010

        On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM, <system@...> wrote:
        Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

        >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
        > ;)

        Ethernet? or Internet?

        What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
          >>> What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

          Infoage has (almost) respectable wifi these days. Emphasis on "almost" but we'll rig up something -- don't forget how well it worked for the first hour of Chuck Peddle's lecture!

          No need to worry about it now.

          Ps - I'm skipping the infoage meeting tonight, but I'll report back to ya'll soon about possible weekends for our holiday party.
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
            Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

            >What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the
            >VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

            100m from where? BTW, 100m is pushing the envelope with interstitial
            packet delay times on the best CAT cabling. Fiber might be the better
            choice depending upon where the terminus points are located.