Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Games WAS: Risk Tournament

    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
      > I would be up for any type of game that I know how to play. If we have
      > a Winter party perhaps we can do it at that time?

      ^^^^^ Most intelligent comment in this thread thus far.
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
        On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

        I would be up for any type of game that I know how to play. If we have a Winter party perhaps we can do it at that time ?

        Jeff,

        I wont make it to the Winter Party. How about you setup the C64 network too and run Artillery Duel. I'll challenge anyone from here at home :)

        =Dan
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
          Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it. ;)

          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          From: ragooman@...
          Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:21:31 -0400
          Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Games WAS: Risk Tournament

        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
            Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

            >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
            > ;)

            Ethernet? or Internet?
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010

              On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM, <system@...> wrote:
              Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

              >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
              > ;)

              Ethernet? or Internet?

              What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

              =Dan

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
                >>> What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                Infoage has (almost) respectable wifi these days. Emphasis on "almost" but we'll rig up something -- don't forget how well it worked for the first hour of Chuck Peddle's lecture!

                No need to worry about it now.

                Ps - I'm skipping the infoage meeting tonight, but I'll report back to ya'll soon about possible weekends for our holiday party.
              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
                  Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                  >What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the
                  >VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                  100m from where? BTW, 100m is pushing the envelope with interstitial
                  packet delay times on the best CAT cabling. Fiber might be the better
                  choice depending upon where the terminus points are located.