Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Risk tournament

  • Jeffrey Frady
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 5 12:08 PM
      Shall we play a game?

      -Joshua

      On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Justin Jernigan <jaj@...> wrote:

      I vote for Empire.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 5, 2010, at 2:22 PM, "ysgdhio" <ysgdhio@...> wrote:

      Wow, this thread has skidded off the rails and is currently barrelling down the cliff...

      Maybe we should plan a M.U.L.E. tournament.

      Andy

      --
      See you space cowboy...
    • Christopher Blackmon
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 5 1:02 PM
        Netrek!  :-)

        Christopher.

        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 5 1:11 PM
          > I would be up for any type of game that I know how to play. If we have
          > a Winter party perhaps we can do it at that time?

          ^^^^^ Most intelligent comment in this thread thus far.
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 5 1:21 PM
            On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

            I would be up for any type of game that I know how to play. If we have a Winter party perhaps we can do it at that time ?

            Jeff,

            I wont make it to the Winter Party. How about you setup the C64 network too and run Artillery Duel. I'll challenge anyone from here at home :)

            =Dan
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 5 1:53 PM

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 5 7:03 PM
                Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it. ;)

                To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                From: ragooman@...
                Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:21:31 -0400

              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 6 3:56 AM
                  Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

                  >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
                  > ;)

                  Ethernet? or Internet?
                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 6 4:36 AM

                    On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM, <system@...> wrote:
                    Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

                    >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
                    > ;)

                    Ethernet? or Internet?

                    What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                    =Dan

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 6 5:59 AM
                      >>> What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                      Infoage has (almost) respectable wifi these days. Emphasis on "almost" but we'll rig up something -- don't forget how well it worked for the first hour of Chuck Peddle's lecture!

                      No need to worry about it now.

                      Ps - I'm skipping the infoage meeting tonight, but I'll report back to ya'll soon about possible weekends for our holiday party.
                    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 6 7:22 AM
                        Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                        >What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the
                        >VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                        100m from where? BTW, 100m is pushing the envelope with interstitial
                        packet delay times on the best CAT cabling. Fiber might be the better
                        choice depending upon where the terminus points are located.