RE: [midatlanticretro] OT: Risk tournament

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
      Babylon 5 rules !

      Love the hitchhiker guide series !

      Stargate SG 1 !

      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      From: system@...
      Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 11:28:42 -0400
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Risk tournament

      Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

      >Risk has nothing to do with retro computers, therefore that is why it is Of=
      >f Topic. But I would say some of us have an interest in this game. Much the=
      > same way many of us have an interest in science fiction (tv, movies, books=
      > etc.), and cult fiction (monty python).

      Good Sci-Fi but very little has been produced in the past few decades. I'm
      a big Monty Python fan though. ;)

      >Risk is the game of global domination. You have armies and you attack other=
      > player's countries with the goal of owning the whole world.

      "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" -- Tears For Fears

    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
        Wow, this thread has skidded off the rails and is currently barrelling down the cliff...

        Maybe we should plan a M.U.L.E. tournament.

        Andy
      • Justin Jernigan
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
          I vote for Empire.

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Oct 5, 2010, at 2:22 PM, "ysgdhio" <ysgdhio@...> wrote:

          Wow, this thread has skidded off the rails and is currently barrelling down the cliff...

          Maybe we should plan a M.U.L.E. tournament.

          Andy

        • Jeffrey Frady
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
            Shall we play a game?

            -Joshua

            --
            See you space cowboy...
          • Christopher Blackmon
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
              Netrek!  :-)

              Christopher.

              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
                > I would be up for any type of game that I know how to play. If we have
                > a Winter party perhaps we can do it at that time?

                ^^^^^ Most intelligent comment in this thread thus far.
              • Dan Roganti
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
                  On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                  I would be up for any type of game that I know how to play. If we have a Winter party perhaps we can do it at that time ?

                  Jeff,

                  I wont make it to the Winter Party. How about you setup the C64 network too and run Artillery Duel. I'll challenge anyone from here at home :)

                  =Dan
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010

                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 5, 2010
                      Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it. ;)

                      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      From: ragooman@...
                      Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 16:21:31 -0400

                    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
                        Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

                        >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
                        > ;)

                        Ethernet? or Internet?
                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010

                          On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:56 AM, <system@...> wrote:
                          Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> writes:

                          >Sounds like a plan ! As long as I have ethernet access wherever we have it.=
                          > ;)

                          Ethernet? or Internet?

                          What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                          =Dan

                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
                            >>> What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                            Infoage has (almost) respectable wifi these days. Emphasis on "almost" but we'll rig up something -- don't forget how well it worked for the first hour of Chuck Peddle's lecture!

                            No need to worry about it now.

                            Ps - I'm skipping the infoage meeting tonight, but I'll report back to ya'll soon about possible weekends for our holiday party.
                          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 6, 2010
                              Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                              >What's it going to take to get a Lan connection in there, at least for the
                              >VCF Hall. You know you can safely string a cat5 cable upto 100m.

                              100m from where? BTW, 100m is pushing the envelope with interstitial
                              packet delay times on the best CAT cabling. Fiber might be the better
                              choice depending upon where the terminus points are located.