freeze a panel

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2010
      No, I'm not talking about putting a bunch of people in the fridge (it's the cooler for you, Le Beau!)

      I just attended a trade show mostly of manufacturing (electrical panels, front panels, chassis, PCB, springs). I asked about reproducing front panels from existing equipment. I was told to freeze it to crystallize the glue so it removes easier. It's good to know.

      -- jeffj
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2010
        On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:50 AM, mejeep_ferret <mejeep@...> wrote:
        No, I'm not talking about putting a bunch of people in the fridge (it's the cooler for you, Le Beau!)

        I just attended a trade show mostly of manufacturing (electrical panels, front panels, chassis, PCB, springs). I asked about reproducing front panels from existing equipment. I was told to freeze it to crystallize the glue so it removes easier. It's good to know.

        -- jeffj

        A lot of the front panels are silkscreened paint
        I think they are referring to stick-on overlays which are preprinted and aligned with the Cad file of the machined enclosure.

        =Dan