RE: [midatlanticretro] Museum

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 3, 2010
      yummy coookies !

      and testing matt's commodore stuff and copying programs for him to use and hunting for working commodores for MARCH.

      it was fun !

      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      From: evan@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 02:11:07 +0000
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum

      Not a lot of visitors today, but Matt brought cookies, so it was a net positive.

      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 26, 2010
        Museum closed today.
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 12, 2011
          Good day. A late-20s couple visited and spent an hour in our computer museum. The guy said he might join MARCH. Then six 6-year-old gifted students (all girls) visited with their teacher -- these kids were smart! They loved the big iron; I explained how all the ENIAC programmers were the smartest women at math. They ate it up. Then I taught them some BASIC and gave them all VCF punched cards. They loved it.

          Between visitors, myself / Matt / Jeff J. did a lot of cleaning and organizing in our H-bldg storage area and also behind the Room 1 exhibit. When that's done in a few weeks we will expand that exhibit.
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 21, 2011
            Really good day at the museum. There was a WW2 seminar so we had many
            visitors all day long. Me, Matt M., Jeff B., Jeff J., Don Caselli, and
            Nick were all there today. We did some miscellaneous projects between
            visitors, but mostly it was good to have the visitors and hang out together.

            Some disappointing news: we finally opened the box containing what we
            thought was a full, unassembled Morrow S-100 kit. But all it contained
            were manuals, CRT, keyboard, and some cables.