Commodore and Irving Gould

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      Commodore and Irving Gould I hit comp.sys.cbm occasionally and I came across this nugget:

      <paste>
      WSVN-TV in Miami has just confirmed Commodore USA has exhumed the body
       of deceased Canadian entrepreneur and millionaire playboy Irving
       Gould, naming the corpse chairman of the board. Speaking at a press
       conference held at the bar at Joe's Stone Crab, company president
       Barry Altman confirmed Gould had been brought on-board.

      "Throughout Commodore's tumultuous history, Irving was the one
       constant motivator and anchor," Altman said after downing his third
       Irish Car Bomb of the evening. "Considering we're in the business of
       propping up dead corporate brands of dubious value and selling
       products of absolutely no substance, who better to lead our board than
       a lifeless cadaver?"

      Gould, seated comfortably next to the oyster bar in sunglasses and
      fedora, had no comment.
      </paste>

      I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

      Rich