Re: [midatlanticretro] OSI C2-4P

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2010
      Excellent find! I'm currently working on getting my Challenger III OEM up and running. As such, I'll probably be designing a proto board for the OSI 48-pin bus. If you (or others) are interested in getting one, I can do a professionally etched batch.

      Also, if you find your system has RAM troubles, I'm working on a 48K + 8K RAM board to free up some backplane positions in the C3 OEM, as well as getting it to run CP/M. I've got 48K of RAM and the OSI 510 triple-processor board, but you need an additional 8K of RAM at 0xD000.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan

      On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:09:44 -0400
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > I got an OSI C2-4P while at VCF MW last weekend, here are some pictures:
      >
      > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=372
      >
      > I bought it from Vince Briel. He told me it worked 6 months ago, but
      > the chips needed re-seating and it's not quite booting for me yet. I
      > have not done much other than take pictures.
      >
      > That brings me to a related subject...I am thinking to shift some of my
      > focus to the 6502 world this Winter and possibly VCF . I have the
      > following systems and I am wondering if anyone is interested in a 6502
      > workshop this late fall early Winter before the holiday season to work
      > on things like
      >
      > AIM 65
      > SYM-1
      > KIM
      > OSI
      > Early Apple/PET/Atari
      >
      > On October 20 I am having an open house in Wilmington and I plan to have
      > vintage computer displays on the first floor, food, and such. The Mayor
      > of Wilmington will be coming. It's a "grand opening" of the computer
      > repair shop ribbon cutting PR thing. The decor of the store will be a
      > kind of eclectic vintage flair. So far the repair shop is breaking
      > even, I have even had some vintage computer repairs. Mostly new stuff
      > though. If anyone nearby would be interested in popping over, please
      > do. The event will be from 10AM-?? All day.
      >
      > Bill

    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2010
        > as well as getting it to run CP/M. I've got 48K of RAM and the OSI 510
        > triple-processor board, but you need an additional 8K of RAM at 0xD000.

        If you don't have a copy I have an OSI CPM disk. I only have the normal
        processor board though so haven't tried it.