Re: MARCH's Altair...was..Re: [midatlanticretro] Upcoming MARCH events

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
      > MARCH has a serial-converted teletype, so you can simulate the paper
      > printout at least. I think it's 1200b

      If its the one I loaned it's 110 baud. It's a straight current loop to
      232 conversion.
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 2010
        I'd be happy to work on it if I'm down that way (or anyone is up near Albany) before anyone else has taken up the task. I've got a fair bit of experience working with the S-100 bus and repairing/building/designing S-100 cards.

        In addition to the universal 64K RAM/ROM board I've been prototyping (still wire-wrapped), I've got a few various 16K static RAM S-100 boards I've picked up lately...one tested and 100% good, the other untested but in good physical shape. The wire-wrapped prototype would be more "hobbyist," but it uses 6264 SRAMs...not exactly vintage to the Altair!

        I've also got a Northstar floppy controller I picked up cheap...haven't gotten around to testing it yet, but if that's an acceptable controller for the Altair, perhaps we can use it to get CP/M up and running.

        Anyhow, if it's not more convenient for someone else to get the Altair up and running, I can take the project on.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan