Re: [midatlanticretro] Any Cray experts?

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2010
      Dan Roganti wrote:
      > I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.

      Actually, he has at least three.

      Peace... Sridhar
    • telmnstr@757.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 29, 2010
        > Dan Roganti wrote:
        >> I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.
        > Actually, he has at least three.
        > Peace... Sridhar

        Yea I know him. I paid him for one before I bought mine, and he never
        delivered, and it took a long time to see the money again. I'm not sure if
        I got paid back in full or not.

        Made progess today and last night. The IOS units are happy and on the
        network and network booted, but it's still at a BOOT prompt. Don't seem to
        want to execute the jconfig.

        The system logs of cray-cyber.org have been pretty indespensible.

        Things are working much better under Solaris 2.6. I didn't catch it before
        that 2.6 is what the stuff was ment to run on.