Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IBM 5150 PC Keyboard

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 28, 2010
      > I do, in Elizabeth NJ.
      > -- jeffj

      Jeff: Matt lives down near InfoAge (in Middletown), so if you two work
      out a deal, then perhaps you could bring it along with the C= monitors etc.
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 29, 2010
        I have a Zenith Data Systems PC/XT keyboard you can have.

        Joe

        On 9/28/2010 9:36 PM, MattMik wrote:
        > Hey guys!
        >
        > So my English teacher just gave me her old IBM 5150 computer with the monochrome monitor. For free. Score! It's in perfect working condition...the only problem is, I don't have a keyboard for it. Does anybody know where I can get a keyboard for it? Or is there some other keyboard that works with it?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > -Matt

      • MattMik
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 29, 2010
          Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'll just take another quick look at all the keyboards I currently have to make sure I don't have one that would work.

          My English teacher worked for a newspaper at the time that the 5150 was released, so I believe she purchased it for word processing. Unfortunately, she didn't save any floppy disks for it, so I am also currently without DOS.

          I'll check the power supply color later, but I doubt it's anything too rare.

          Thanks!
          -Matt
        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 29, 2010
            This is not a bust on you, but you might want to save your declaration for
            "works perfectly" until you get everything hooked up and running...these
            machines can take work if they have been sitting for a while. You should
            have fun though, they're very supportable.

            Bill Degnan

            > Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'll just take another quick look at
            all the keyboards I currently have to make sure I don't have one that would
            work.

            > My English teacher worked for a newspaper at the time that the 5150 was
            released, so I believe she purchased it for word processing. Unfortunately,
            she didn't save any floppy disks for it, so I am also currently without
            DOS.

            > I'll check the power supply color later, but I doubt it's anything too
            rare.

            > Thanks!
            > -Matt

          • Bill Loguidice
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 29, 2010

              I second that. I have two different 5150’s from two different sources and both seem to have the same issue, which I’ll have to troubleshoot at some point.

              Bill Loguidice, Managing Director
              Armchair Arcade, Inc.
              http://www.armchairarcade.com
              Authored Books: http://www.armchairarcade.com/books
              Film: http://www.armchairarcade.com/film
              LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/billloguidice

              This is not a bust on you, but you might want to save your declaration for
              "works perfectly" until you get everything hooked up and running...these
              machines can take work if they have been sitting for a while. You should
              have fun though, they're very supportable.

              Bill Degnan

              > Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'll just take another quick look at
              all the keyboards I currently have to make sure I don't have one that would
              work.

              > My English teacher worked for a newspaper at the time that the 5150 was
              released, so I believe she purchased it for word processing. Unfortunately,
              she didn't save any floppy disks for it, so I am also currently without
              DOS.

              > I'll check the power supply color later, but I doubt it's anything too
              rare.

              > Thanks!
              > -Matt

            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 29, 2010
                BTW - If you can bring it to me I can probably fix it for you. I am
                located in Wilmington, Delaware or Landenberg, PA whichever is closer.

                Bill Degnan

                > Thanks for the responses, everyone! I'll just take another quick look at
                all the keyboards I currently have to make sure I don't have one that would
                work.

                > My English teacher worked for a newspaper at the time that the 5150 was
                released, so I believe she purchased it for word processing. Unfortunately,
                she didn't save any floppy disks for it, so I am also currently without
                DOS.

                > I'll check the power supply color later, but I doubt it's anything too
                rare.

                > Thanks!
                > -Matt

              • mejeep_ferret
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 5, 2010
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "MattMik" <mikolaym@...> wrote:
                  ... I don't have a keyboard for it.

                  I have a new in box Chicony keyboard that's switchable for XT or AT.
                  We can meet at InfoAge on Sunday, or meet up elsewhere.
                  I'm in Elizabeth NJ
                  -- jeffj/at/panix.com