Re: [midatlanticretro] Any Cray experts?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28, 2010
      There's a guy in Wisconsin (Chipewa Falls) who collects Cray. I don't know if he is a technical expert, but he's the only "Cray person" I can think of ... forget his name, but I remember that Bruce Damer told me about him, so I'll inquire with Bruce on your behalf.

      Does MARCH know any Cray experts? I have a J932SE and am working to
      get it up and running. It's prooving kind of difficult, I have a few
      questions that would shed some light.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2010
        > There's a guy in Wisconsin (Chipewa Falls) who collects Cray. I don't
        > know if he is a technical expert, but he's the only "Cray person" I can
        > think of ... forget his name, but I remember that Bruce Damer told me
        > about him, so I'll inquire with Bruce on your behalf.

        James C.? I think he moved to Indiana.

        This is some older pics of his collection:

        http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/computer_stuff/James_Cray/
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28, 2010
          I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.

          =Dan

          On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          There's a guy in Wisconsin (Chipewa Falls) who collects Cray. I don't know if he is a technical expert, but he's the only "Cray person" I can think of ... forget his name, but I remember that Bruce Damer told me about him, so I'll inquire with Bruce on your behalf.

          Does MARCH know any Cray experts? I have a J932SE and am working to
          get it up and running. It's prooving kind of difficult, I have a few
          questions that would shed some light.

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 29, 2010
            telmnstr@... wrote:
            > Does MARCH know any Cray experts? I have a J932SE and am working to
            > get it up and running. It's prooving kind of difficult, I have a few
            > questions that would shed some light.

            Dave McGuire. mcguire@...

            He's on the classiccmp list.

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29, 2010
              Dan Roganti wrote:
              > I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.

              Actually, he has at least three.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • telmnstr@757.org
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2010
                > Dan Roganti wrote:
                >> I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.
                > Actually, he has at least three.
                > Peace... Sridhar

                Yea I know him. I paid him for one before I bought mine, and he never
                delivered, and it took a long time to see the money again. I'm not sure if
                I got paid back in full or not.

                Made progess today and last night. The IOS units are happy and on the
                network and network booted, but it's still at a BOOT prompt. Don't seem to
                want to execute the jconfig.

                The system logs of cray-cyber.org have been pretty indespensible.

                Things are working much better under Solaris 2.6. I didn't catch it before
                that 2.6 is what the stuff was ment to run on.