Any Cray experts?

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 28 9:38 AM
      Does MARCH know any Cray experts? I have a J932SE and am working to
      get it up and running. It's prooving kind of difficult, I have a few
      questions that would shed some light.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28 9:42 AM
        There's a guy in Wisconsin (Chipewa Falls) who collects Cray. I don't know if he is a technical expert, but he's the only "Cray person" I can think of ... forget his name, but I remember that Bruce Damer told me about him, so I'll inquire with Bruce on your behalf.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28 9:50 AM
          > There's a guy in Wisconsin (Chipewa Falls) who collects Cray. I don't
          > know if he is a technical expert, but he's the only "Cray person" I can
          > think of ... forget his name, but I remember that Bruce Damer told me
          > about him, so I'll inquire with Bruce on your behalf.

          James C.? I think he moved to Indiana.

          This is some older pics of his collection:

          http://users.757.org/~ethan/pics/geek/computer_stuff/James_Cray/
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28 9:51 AM
            I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.

            =Dan

            On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            There's a guy in Wisconsin (Chipewa Falls) who collects Cray. I don't know if he is a technical expert, but he's the only "Cray person" I can think of ... forget his name, but I remember that Bruce Damer told me about him, so I'll inquire with Bruce on your behalf.

            Does MARCH know any Cray experts? I have a J932SE and am working to
            get it up and running. It's prooving kind of difficult, I have a few
            questions that would shed some light.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Sridhar Ayengar
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29 2:24 PM
              telmnstr@... wrote:
              > Does MARCH know any Cray experts? I have a J932SE and am working to
              > get it up and running. It's prooving kind of difficult, I have a few
              > questions that would shed some light.

              Dave McGuire. mcguire@...

              He's on the classiccmp list.

              Peace... Sridhar
            • Sridhar Ayengar
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29 2:25 PM
                Dan Roganti wrote:
                > I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.

                Actually, he has at least three.

                Peace... Sridhar
              • telmnstr@757.org
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 29 2:54 PM
                  > Dan Roganti wrote:
                  >> I heard Dave McGuire has a Cray too, he's on cctalk alot.
                  > Actually, he has at least three.
                  > Peace... Sridhar

                  Yea I know him. I paid him for one before I bought mine, and he never
                  delivered, and it took a long time to see the money again. I'm not sure if
                  I got paid back in full or not.

                  Made progess today and last night. The IOS units are happy and on the
                  network and network booted, but it's still at a BOOT prompt. Don't seem to
                  want to execute the jconfig.

                  The system logs of cray-cyber.org have been pretty indespensible.

                  Things are working much better under Solaris 2.6. I didn't catch it before
                  that 2.6 is what the stuff was ment to run on.