OSI C2-4P

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2010
      I got an OSI C2-4P while at VCF MW last weekend, here are some pictures:

      I bought it from Vince Briel. He told me it worked 6 months ago, but
      the chips needed re-seating and it's not quite booting for me yet. I
      have not done much other than take pictures.

      That brings me to a related subject...I am thinking to shift some of my
      focus to the 6502 world this Winter and possibly VCF . I have the
      following systems and I am wondering if anyone is interested in a 6502
      workshop this late fall early Winter before the holiday season to work
      on things like

      AIM 65
      SYM-1
      KIM
      OSI
      Early Apple/PET/Atari

      On October 20 I am having an open house in Wilmington and I plan to have
      vintage computer displays on the first floor, food, and such. The Mayor
      of Wilmington will be coming. It's a "grand opening" of the computer
      repair shop ribbon cutting PR thing. The decor of the store will be a
      kind of eclectic vintage flair. So far the repair shop is breaking
      even, I have even had some vintage computer repairs. Mostly new stuff
      though. If anyone nearby would be interested in popping over, please
      do. The event will be from 10AM-?? All day.

      Bill
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2010
        Excellent find! I'm currently working on getting my Challenger III OEM up and running. As such, I'll probably be designing a proto board for the OSI 48-pin bus. If you (or others) are interested in getting one, I can do a professionally etched batch.

        Also, if you find your system has RAM troubles, I'm working on a 48K + 8K RAM board to free up some backplane positions in the C3 OEM, as well as getting it to run CP/M. I've got 48K of RAM and the OSI 510 triple-processor board, but you need an additional 8K of RAM at 0xD000.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan

        On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:09:44 -0400
        B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > I got an OSI C2-4P while at VCF MW last weekend, here are some pictures:
        >
        > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=372
        >
        > I bought it from Vince Briel. He told me it worked 6 months ago, but
        > the chips needed re-seating and it's not quite booting for me yet. I
        > have not done much other than take pictures.
        >
        > That brings me to a related subject...I am thinking to shift some of my
        > focus to the 6502 world this Winter and possibly VCF . I have the
        > following systems and I am wondering if anyone is interested in a 6502
        > workshop this late fall early Winter before the holiday season to work
        > on things like
        >
        > AIM 65
        > SYM-1
        > KIM
        > OSI
        > Early Apple/PET/Atari
        >
        > On October 20 I am having an open house in Wilmington and I plan to have
        > vintage computer displays on the first floor, food, and such. The Mayor
        > of Wilmington will be coming. It's a "grand opening" of the computer
        > repair shop ribbon cutting PR thing. The decor of the store will be a
        > kind of eclectic vintage flair. So far the repair shop is breaking
        > even, I have even had some vintage computer repairs. Mostly new stuff
        > though. If anyone nearby would be interested in popping over, please
        > do. The event will be from 10AM-?? All day.
        >
        > Bill

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2010
          I thought it was cool when 2 VCFs ago some guy (can't remember his name) displayed all the versions of OSI. I didn't really know about this product until the demonstration, so I was very glad to learn more about this unknown (to me) computer.

          I think a 6502 workshop would be great !

          As for Oct. 20, can't attend because it is a weekday. But glad to hear that things are going well at the repair shop !

          Jeff B

          To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2010
            > as well as getting it to run CP/M. I've got 48K of RAM and the OSI 510
            > triple-processor board, but you need an additional 8K of RAM at 0xD000.

            If you don't have a copy I have an OSI CPM disk. I only have the normal
            processor board though so haven't tried it.