Commodore BBS Anyone?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 2:43 PM
      Two questions:
      1) Does anyone know of an active Commodore BBS still in existence?
      2) I have successfully set up a test board...would anyone like to help me
      test? If so you'd need the following things:
      -Commodore vic-20, C64, C128, plus/4 (?), Amiga (?), IBM compat. (?)
      -Modem and terminal software
      -Disk drive and diskettes (to download or upload files)

      The name of the board will be M.A.R.C.H. BBS, and I was planning on having it
      ready for launch by the TCF in some form or another. I realize that we prob.
      won't have an analog line available at the Trenton show. I am planning on
      running it on weekends or a pre-announced schedule. Hardware permitting of
      course! Commodore diskdrives are so !@#$ flakey, I go through them like paper.

      I have been working on assembling the hardware and software for many months
      in my spare time. The last piece of the puzzle was to get a BASIC compiler.
      If you're interested I am using Blitz!

      If anyone needs a terminal program send a SASE to
      Degnan Co
      1523 Delware Ave
      Wilmington, DE 19806
      ..please specify what kind of hardware and/or if there is a particular
      version of terminal software you prefer to use and I will see what I can do!

      -Bill
    • Chris McKinley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30 4:25 PM
        Bill this is all very interesting, but where does one get the 5.25" diskettes for downloading? I never owned the Commodore drive that utilized 3.5's. I still have a 64c and 1541-II, haven't used them in years, so I'm interested, but the media thing is a problem. Come to think of it *duh* I'm not sure if I even have a modem.

        billdeg@... wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • billdeg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30 4:55 PM
          Ebay is the best source for these items. The opening of the flea market
          season is almost upon us, the first month is the best month to find vintage
          computers. If you can find a Commodore 1600 series modem that would be best, but
          almost any modem will do.