Re: [midatlanticretro] re:???

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
      That's great to know Bob, and a very cordial gesture.
      I look forward to attempting something groovy this
      winter. Now it doesn't have to be a home brewed
      computer (though I aim to try!). I just received a
      shipment of Tandy 2000 stuff, and I'm said to say it's
      something of a disappointment. So at this point I have
      a veritable mountain of stuph to get up and running.
      That in itself is groovy enough for me and worthy of
      my attention. I'll keep your addy on "speed dial" Bob.
      I'm boung to be needing something...

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Degnan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
        good luck on the 2000.
        Bill

        At Tuesday, 15 November 2005, you wrote:

        >That's great to know Bob, and a very cordial gesture.
        >I look forward to attempting something groovy this
        >winter. Now it doesn't have to be a home brewed
        >computer (though I aim to try!). I just received a
        >shipment of Tandy 2000 stuff, and I'm said to say it's
        >something of a disappointment. So at this point I have
        >a veritable mountain of stuph to get up and running.
        >That in itself is groovy enough for me and worthy of
        >my attention. I'll keep your addy on "speed dial" Bob.
        >I'm boung to be needing something...
        >
        >--- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
        >
        >> BTW, when people are building things and need parts,
        >> please post a note
        >> to this list. I don't have any 68000s, but I do
        >> have lots of other 70s/80s
        >> components, such as 6502 family stuff, 6809s, LOTS
        >> of static RAMs
        >> and EPROMs, 7400-series chips, etc. I'm sure others
        >> have their own
        >> collections of forgotten parts that would love to be
        >> in somebody's latest
        >> creation.
        >>
        >> Co-workers know I've been collecting parts, so when
        >> they're cleaning out
        >> their basements, they give boxes (sometimes shopping
        >> bags) of stuff
        >> to me for salvage. More and more, I'm looking at
        >> going to CPLDs instead
        >> of 74xx, so some of these parts might never get used
        >> again.
        >>
        >> I'd much rather get the parts to someone who'll use
        >> them, instead of them
        >> being tossed in the trash some day!
        >>
        >> Bob

        -- E N D --