re:???

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
      I sent this to Bob, thinking I sent it to the whole
      group, thinking HE sent it to the whole group, when in
      fact he sent something to just me. Now I'm sending it
      to the whole group...I hope, because these days I'm
      not exactly sure where my stuph is going to end up.
      YAHAHAHAHA. Me got to be more careful these days.
      Stuph can wind up anywhere it seems.

      I've always been interested in constructing a mobo of
      some sort. Sometime this winter I'd like to build the
      RE Robot brain board (80188 based) from old issues of
      Radio Electronics. They supply the artwork and all,
      and luckily I have a 4' x 3' sheet of dual sided
      copper clad material on hand (NO the board doesn't
      need anywhere near that much material, but wo what a
      mobo that would be!). I don't think you quite have a
      peecee when you're done, but kinda close ;).
      There's currently a thread on cctech/talk about
      another series of articles from R.E. of the same era
      based on a 68000 mobo built using as much pc
      components as possible. Another interesting project
      ;).

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
        BTW, when people are building things and need parts, please post a note
        to this list.  I don't have any 68000s, but I do have lots of other 70s/80s
        components, such as 6502 family stuff, 6809s, LOTS of static RAMs
        and EPROMs, 7400-series chips, etc.  I'm sure others have their own
        collections of forgotten parts that would love to be in somebody's latest
        creation.

        Co-workers know I've been collecting parts, so when they're cleaning out
        their basements, they give boxes (sometimes shopping bags) of stuff
        to me for salvage.  More and more, I'm looking at going to CPLDs instead
        of 74xx, so some of these parts might never get used again.

        I'd much rather get the parts to someone who'll use them, instead of them
        being tossed in the trash some day!

        Bob

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
          That's great to know Bob, and a very cordial gesture.
          I look forward to attempting something groovy this
          winter. Now it doesn't have to be a home brewed
          computer (though I aim to try!). I just received a
          shipment of Tandy 2000 stuff, and I'm said to say it's
          something of a disappointment. So at this point I have
          a veritable mountain of stuph to get up and running.
          That in itself is groovy enough for me and worthy of
          my attention. I'll keep your addy on "speed dial" Bob.
          I'm boung to be needing something...

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Degnan
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2005
            good luck on the 2000.
            Bill

            At Tuesday, 15 November 2005, you wrote:

            >That's great to know Bob, and a very cordial gesture.
            >I look forward to attempting something groovy this
            >winter. Now it doesn't have to be a home brewed
            >computer (though I aim to try!). I just received a
            >shipment of Tandy 2000 stuff, and I'm said to say it's
            >something of a disappointment. So at this point I have
            >a veritable mountain of stuph to get up and running.
            >That in itself is groovy enough for me and worthy of
            >my attention. I'll keep your addy on "speed dial" Bob.
            >I'm boung to be needing something...
            >
            >--- Bob Applegate <bob@...> wrote:
            >
            >> BTW, when people are building things and need parts,
            >> please post a note
            >> to this list. I don't have any 68000s, but I do
            >> have lots of other 70s/80s
            >> components, such as 6502 family stuff, 6809s, LOTS
            >> of static RAMs
            >> and EPROMs, 7400-series chips, etc. I'm sure others
            >> have their own
            >> collections of forgotten parts that would love to be
            >> in somebody's latest
            >> creation.
            >>
            >> Co-workers know I've been collecting parts, so when
            >> they're cleaning out
            >> their basements, they give boxes (sometimes shopping
            >> bags) of stuff
            >> to me for salvage. More and more, I'm looking at
            >> going to CPLDs instead
            >> of 74xx, so some of these parts might never get used
            >> again.
            >>
            >> I'd much rather get the parts to someone who'll use
            >> them, instead of them
            >> being tossed in the trash some day!
            >>
            >> Bob

            -- E N D --