Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: there are only three compter museums inthe world??

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2010
      >>> Computing the weather was John Mauchly's original impetus for the ENIAC.

      That was one of his goals. Another was cryptology. And as we now are aware, the reason he stopped merely toying with the idea for an electronic computer and started actually building one was because of the heavy mathematical load of the Ft. Monmouth Signal Corps R&D lab's parabolic radar antenna project -- which I believe was a Camp Evans gig, because it was the Ft. Monmouth location specializing in such projects.

      >>> Artillery trajectories were just to pay the bills (and win the war).

      True about paying the bills, although the war ended before ENIAC could be used for that purpose.