Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for data sheet for antique chip: 8833 bus transceiver

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
      Perfect! Thanks! I've tried all sorts of keywords for searching and got
      nothing
      close.

      Thanks for the exact datasheet I was looking for!

      Bob

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
        Bob,

        I found the manual and schematic for KIM-4 by googling "KIM-4
        schematic".
        Just in case you don't have it.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
          Bob,
          I will take a look
          Bill D

          At Monday, 14 November 2005, you wrote:

          >Does anyone have a datasheet for one of these old
          >guys?  A KIM-4 motherboard
          >uses two of them, and I'm trying to find a solid
          >definition of the pins, especially
          >pins 9 & 7.  Searches on the net haven't
          >found anything other than vague references
          >to the chip.

          >BTW, in case anyone is wondering, a KIM-4
          >motherboard is 1976 vintage.
          >Definitely retro-computing.

          >Thanks

          >Bob

          -- E N D --
        • Chris M
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
            Bob...I'm not so sure I can help you, but on the way
            home from InfoAge the other night, I stopped at a
            CompUSA and bought a book, and the author goes into
            "the" Kim he built years ago, though slightly. I'll
            see if his e-mail is listed and if so, I'll forward
            the query.

            http://mail.yahoo.com