Looking for data sheet for antique chip: 8833 bus transceiver

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
      Does anyone have a datasheet for one of these old guys?  A KIM-4 motherboard
      uses two of them, and I'm trying to find a solid definition of the pins, especially
      pins 9 & 7.  Searches on the net haven't found anything other than vague references
      to the chip.

      BTW, in case anyone is wondering, a KIM-4 motherboard is 1976 vintage.
      Definitely retro-computing.

      Thanks

      Bob

    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
        Perfect! Thanks! I've tried all sorts of keywords for searching and got
        nothing
        close.

        Thanks for the exact datasheet I was looking for!

        Bob

        > Does anyone have a datasheet for one of these old guys? A KIM-4
        > motherboard
        > uses two of them, and I'm trying to find a solid definition of the pins,
        > especially
        > pins 9 & 7. Searches on the net haven't found anything other than vague
        > references
        > to the chip.
        >
        > BTW, in case anyone is wondering, a KIM-4 motherboard is 1976 vintage.
        > Definitely retro-computing.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Bob
        >

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group " midatlanticretro

        > _____

      • Bob Grieb
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
          Bob,

          I found the manual and schematic for KIM-4 by googling "KIM-4
          schematic".
          Just in case you don't have it.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
            Bob,
            I will take a look
            Bill D

            At Monday, 14 November 2005, you wrote:

            >Does anyone have a datasheet for one of these old
            >guys?  A KIM-4 motherboard
            >uses two of them, and I'm trying to find a solid
            >definition of the pins, especially
            >pins 9 & 7.  Searches on the net haven't
            >found anything other than vague references
            >to the chip.

            >BTW, in case anyone is wondering, a KIM-4
            >motherboard is 1976 vintage.
            >Definitely retro-computing.

            >Thanks

            >Bob

            -- E N D --
          • Chris M
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
              Bob...I'm not so sure I can help you, but on the way
              home from InfoAge the other night, I stopped at a
              CompUSA and bought a book, and the author goes into
              "the" Kim he built years ago, though slightly. I'll
              see if his e-mail is listed and if so, I'll forward
              the query.

              http://mail.yahoo.com