Museum update -- important

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2010
      Our museum expansion plan is on hold for a few weeks, and possibly
      longer than that.

      The issue is that Wall Township has started paying more attention to how
      InfoAge does things, re: permits, inspections, certificates of
      occupancy, and such. So, the majority of work in the H-buildings will
      temporary stop, while Fred and others negotiate some details with the
      town. For example, InfoAge may be able to get some kind of temporary
      permit, or a limited-use permit.

      In the meantime we * ARE * still allowed to access and organize our
      storage area and our future museum space in this building. In fact,
      Nels Warren (InfoAge's fire safety official) recently donated 10
      additional pallets to MARCH.

      This is absolutely not a long-term situation. Our plans will happen,
      just delayed for a while. But it probably means that our fall opening
      for the new museum will not happen. Next spring is more likely, if I
      had to guess.

      I'm 90% sure it also does not impact VCF East 7.0. I will know more in
      a couple of weeks from now.

      This also means our (current) museum will resume normal Sunday open
      hours from 1pm-5pm, since we won't be building new museum exhibits in
      the larger space.

      Two silver linings:
      1. It gives us more time to raise money. The more money we have, the
      better museum we can build.
      2. It gives us more time to organize our collection, instead of moving
      stuff based on wherever it fits.