Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF Midwest

  • Jason T
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
      On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:01 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > We have been talking about having an exhibit at MARCH's computer museum at InfoAge comprised of timesharing terminals - "green screens"  - that people can use when they visit the MARCH musuem.  The terminals would probably be hooked up to a modern PC however, for support reasons.  It would be a simulated green screen experience.  You're would be the real thing.

      Ahhh....my own display :) I was in video production mode when I saw
      the "green screen" term. Thinking Chromakey...

      Our terms will be attached to a terminal server but from there will
      probably just go to a generic *nix box. Then again, anything on the
      network will be accessible (if we do it right,) so it all depends on
      what people bring.

      > No need, but thanks.  I would be just as happy with "..a pile of Sinclair 1000's and related stuff that goes with it.." - I like to try to come up with a theme of some sort for my exhibits to make them more interesting.

      I really like the SIG history concept. Should be a good burst of
      nostalgia for those who were around then.

      -j